Microsoft have recently made a change to how internet links open from within Outlook. The link now opens in Microsoft Edge and also shows the email content in a box to the right known as the side pane.
Some people like it, some don’t. Here’s how to turn it off.
- Open Microsoft Edge and click the ellipsis button (top right)
- Go to Settings (cog icon)
- Under the Settings heading click “Sidebar“
- Under the heading “App and notification settings” then sub heading “App specific settings” look for Outlook and click it
- Turn it off by clicking the “Automatically open Outlook email context in the side pane” toggle.