- Advanced weather protection for a wide range of weather conditions
- Lightweight 10K/3K 2.5-layer, waterproof, breathable main body fabric
- DWR finish sheds moisture, dirt, and debris
- Two zippered front hand pockets
- Draw cord, cinching at hem and elastic cuff, provides customized fit
- Helmet-compatible hood fits over most helmets
- Length (HPS): 29″, size large
- 100% polyester ripstop, 2.5-layer fabric
- Weather rating: 10K waterproof, 3K breathability
Nice jacket, looks great but could be better…
I’ve had this jacket for about 11 months. I live in the UK and have used it through the winter so it’s seen PLENTY of rain! First off it’s a great looking jacket and I’ve worn it on and off the bike. It fits well and does keep the majority of the elements out. It does a good job in general and I wanted to love this jacket but there are a few little things that could be done better which is probably why I wouldn’t recommend it.
The hood… it’s big and can easily fit over your helmet… great, but it doesn’t have any bungee type cords to pull it snug around your neck / helmet / head so when you’re bombing down a trail in the wind and rain it acts like a sail then flies off the back of your head and starts to fill with rain. This also means that if you’re not wearing a helmet and put the hood up, it goes over your head and face and again blows open in the wind. If you don’t put the hood up and it’s raining or windy then it flaps about quite a bit and you cant make it fit snug around your neck.
The last thing I think is missing is some kind of ventilation (apart from the gaping neck hole!). Lot’s of modern jackets have ventilation of some description whether it be under the arms or the sides but this has none so can get a bit “boil in the bag” but I understand that this might be the case for most jackets of this type anyway.
Overall I like the aesthetics of the jacket but the hood lets it down.